Home based business and other alternative earning methods have become widely accepted all over the world. In a world of uncertainty, it makes sense to create income not subject to potential downsizing, office politics, and arbitrary decisions by superiors. Imagine how it would feel to get up and not hurry to the office in heavy traffic, listening to your inspiration for the day and working with clients and activities you choose. If you are willing to do extra work or travel for your boss, you should be more than willing to do that for yourself, especially if it would improve the quality of life for you and your loved ones.
More options exist now than have ever existed, due to the internet and miracles of technology. Here is a short list of possibilities:
- Retail Arbitrage (Ebay, Amazon Marketplace, etc.)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Digital Products
- Writing and Publishing
- Network Marketing
- Write online courses
Consider the benefits:
1. Be your own boss. Freedom of time, travel, goals, finances: everything left to you.
2. Work according to your own schedule. Flexibility is key to enjoying the important things in life. Some things only come once. Be there for them.
3. Keep your existing job until you make twice as much part-time as you do full time. You need the momentum and confidence that comes with longevity in your work. Sometimes, you need the friction of the daily grind to anchor you to your dream.
4. Eliminate job insecurity and fear of unemployment. How much is having increased confidence for the future worth to you?
5. Self confidence increases. This factor will help you face most hurdles in life with less heartache and stress.
6. Limitations of earning do not exist. You can earn as much as you want by outsourcing, duplication, or scaling up.
7. You may enjoy tax benefits since some of your activities and purchases will be deductible. Check with your tax accountant.
8. You can retire on your own timetable. Work with a planner to see what it will take to do that.
9. Many of us work for others because of the sociability, sense of accomplishment, or praise. You can replicate that elsewhere, and make more income as well.
10. You create an asset – a vehicle that pays you money, or that you can sell or leave to your survivors.
Outside income does not come for free. It involves hard work, but is a joy, especially when you are able to exercise your strengths and passions. Listen to podcasts, read books, and most of all, find your fit and go to work.
- Smart Passive Income Podcast
- Internet Business Mastery
- The Creative Penn (writing and selling books)
- Eventual Millionaire